Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Anorexia

Yeah, that.  You see, when I was in HS and living at home, my dad had such control over my life that I couldn't make a move without him somehow finding out about it.  He controlled every aspect of my life.  Who my friends were, who I dated, where I went and when I came and went.  Not to mention the pure hell it was living with him and his drinking. 

I became very anorexic.  I was 5' 8" tall, and weighed 110 pounds.  Bones stuck out everywhere, my hips, ribs, collar bones, everything.  I got to where I was only eating a few saltine crackers a day, along with a diet pepsi.  That's it. Looking back, it was the only thing in my life that *I* had control over... what I ate.  My dad controlled the rest. 

It made me very sick, but I hid it well, until one day I ended up in the hospital.  I had a 104 degree temperature, but was freezing my butt off.  My dad had to practically carry me into the hospital, I was too weak to walk and couldn't keep anything down.  I think my body had finally shut down from lack of food.  I was in the hospital for about a week, and I think it was the first time that my dad was more concerned about me than his control over me.  But that didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment