Saturday, February 18, 2012

We'll call him TB...

TB and his family were somewhat of my refuge.  I used to babysit for him years ago as a kid... his family was my refuge.  I used to pray that they would call me to babysit so I could get out of my house and pretend.  Pretent to be normal.  In a normal family and setting.  I did alot of pretending.

I always had a spark for TB.... it's just something that never died over time.  Kind of like a hot coal in a fireplace, just barely burning over time, but never burned out.  It was just there, something I'd think about from time to time, wondering where TB was.  How he was doing.  Is he married?   Happy?

Then I crossed paths with him about a year and a half ago.  Yeah, he's married, but it's complicated.  Kind of like my life... but very different.  And after several weeks of contact with him, it was like gas was thrown on that simmering little coal.  And I could write a book about what has happened between us in the last year and a half,  at least in my mind, and I haven't even seen him.

No comments:

Post a Comment