Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rebound!

When Don and I divorced, I was working at a drugstore downtown, making about $7 and hour.  While we were married, we had the house and truck, but had also bought a brand new boat and jacuzzi that we had put out on the front deck.  Along with a little Chevy Chevette that we bought for me. Being a journeyman at his job, he had also accumulated a nice pension.  But when we divorced, I left it all to him.  I have never been a material girl, and in my heart I knew those things belonged to him, we were only married 14 months.  By law, I could've had half of it all, but it really wasn't mine.  I ended up settling for $200/month in alimony for a year after we divorced.

I moved into an apartment complex... it was a small one-bedroom apartment, but very clean, quiet, and just enough for me.  I could barely afford it on $7/hour and $200/month alimony, but somehow I made it work.

I was lonely.  I only had my best friend W, and we were always nothing but trouble together.  We got into so much shit that that's a whole 'nuther bottle of wine.

I started going to the bars....

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I met a lot of guys, danced alot, and it filled the time.  I hated to be at my apartment alone... most times I spent the night at W's on her living room floor, just to have company.  I have never been a one-night stand kinda gal, and never will be. 

Then I met who was to be the father of my son... we'll call him Steve.  Cuz that's his name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment